Cat damaged tweeter on speaker need advice

Justin.s
Unregistered guest
My sisters cat cut the tweeter on my athena as-f2. Will my warranty still be covered ? I can't ship them out no boxes. Can i get a replacement tweet for my speaker and replace the tweet my self ? Please help any advice whould be helpful.

Silver Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 187
You should be able to contact Athena for a replacement tweeter. It shouldnt be too expensive and its pretty easy to do yourself on most speakers. They should still honor your warranty (it wont cover cat attacks obviously), but it wouldnt hurt to ask them.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 484
First, get rid of or train the cat or you'll have to deal with this over and over again. Doubtful your warranty will cover. Sometimes companies will cut you some slack to keep you coming back and to generate referrals. This is not equipment defect. Usually tweeters can be removed with simple tools and wires slipped off and reconnected. Look at the baffle surrounding the tweeter and determine what kind of screw driver or wrench you will need.

Bronze Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 55
and neuter kitty

Bronze Member
Username: Mauimusicman

Post Number: 12
Save its balls in a jar with some preservative and put the jar in plain view as a warning to kitty!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2952
Were the protective grills removed?

Bronze Member
Username: Max190

Maryland Heights, Missouri US

Post Number: 26
Warranty? no
Take cat for a ride? yes
Order replacement tweeter and make your sister pay for it.
It should be easy to change.

Anonymous

Maui forgot to add that Green Mountain Audio's Europas are certified 100% cat-proof. If you own any other speaker, you are a tin-eared moron.

Bronze Member
Username: Mauimusicman

Post Number: 15
Indeed. They are 40 pounds, so if a cat messes with them, theyll get squashed.

Justin.s
Unregistered guest
Yes the grills were on and still on. the cat put it's paw down bewtween the grill and tweeter. Had carboard up to stop kitty but the cardboard was removed. I put up a new piece should stop kitty.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2958
That just plain bites! You should be able to order a replacement tweeter and changing it should be straight forward. Have the cat fitted with cement shoes!

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 87
Dear Justin,

Is it Groundhog Day - or is this simply a case of 'déja vu'?

I seem to remember a justin s., whose sister's cat had damaged his Athena AS-F2 tweeter back in February?

That particular justin emailed Athena but seemed to get a confusing reply, if I recall correctly.

You may have better luck than the last justin if you contact Athena. Just ask them if they can supply a replacement and ask how much.

Tweeter are usually very easy to fit. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us