Bose Acoustimass 16 speakers to Denon AVR-2805

Unregistered guest
I'm trying to hookup my Bose Acoustimass 16 speakers (3 front, 3 rear) to a Denon AVR-2805. I can't figure out which channel to hook the Rear center speaker into. I've got the Front right and left speakers in the Surround channels; the Front center speaker in the Center channel; and the Rear right and left speakers in the Surr. Back/Zone 2 channels. The only options left are the Front A right&left and Front B right&left. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 443
You've "got the Front right and left speakers in the Surround channels."

Move the fronts from the surrounds into the front A channels. Move the surrounds from the Surr Back channels to the surround channels. Hook the centre channel into both the surround back channels.

Rebekah
Unregistered guest
How do I hook the Rear center speaker into both surround back channels since there is only 1 positive and 1 negative wire? Do I have to run another wire or split it or something?

InquisitiveVijay
Unregistered guest
Rebakah,
I was curious to know about your systems performance, cause i too am planning to have the same receiver/speaker combination. please let me know

Anonymous

I have a Yamaha 5740 6.1 channel receiver and it only has one rear center hookup, but I know when you go into the set up menu it allows you to choose the number of speakers. I would guess yours is the same and the owners manual should tell you which of the 2 rear center jacks to hook it up to if you are using 6.1 with a 7.1 channel receiver. Then you should just select the number of speakers you are using for the system and it should work.

I cannot comment on the performance with a Denon, but I have a lower priced 600W Yamaha and the speaker system performs well. Great sound for such small speakers. The powered Acoustimass module with 3 down firing drivers is a HUGE improvement over the older non-powered modules. Bose has really improved this system and you would like the sound. I still wish for the price they would replace the larger cubes with the Jewel Cubes. Oh well...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us