Best Receiver for Definitive speaker set up?

Username: Bigbob345

Post Number: 4
Hello all,
I am upgrading my home theater and have purchased all definitive speakers(Mythos) for 7.1 surround and was wondering what would be the best receiver to match my speakers I am now using my Yamaha receiver which I paid $1500.00 12 years ago which sounds great but because of lack of inputs need to upgrade, would like to stay around the same price range any help would be appreciated thanks

Silver Member
Username: Markusp

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 113
Right now I am using the Harman Kardon AVR635 with Definitive Technology BP2006TLs and really like the sound (EQ the bass can make a world of difference in any room).

I also like the match with both NAD and Cambridge Audio (both of which I owned). Did not like the Def Techs with Yamaha, Denon or Rotel. They seemed too sterile in my environment.

Hope that helps.

Username: Bush_guy

Villa Park, IL USA

Post Number: 1
I'm currently running a Yamaha RX-V1 with a complete DefTech 6.1 setup (8.1 with front presence/effects speakers). BP-10B fronts, CLR1000B Center, BP2X Rear Surrounds, C1B Rear center and BP1 front effect speakers. After a good amount of preparation and tweaking - read: Progold and Silclear - it produces a nice open sound with excellent depth and balance. I can't speak for the other amps/receivers that Markus mentioned. I'm also not familiar with the Mythos sound.

FYI

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2970
Take a look at the Outlaw Audio 950 coupled with the Outlaw Audio 7100 power amp. This set-up really works well with the Def techs.

John W
Unregistered guest
I just recently purchased the Pioneer 1014 reciever, and I am now looking at some Def Techs all the way around. Will the Def Techs be a good fit for the reciever? If need be, I will take the reciever back, it hasn't even been opened yet. The only reason I bought it first is because it was on clearance for ~$400.

I am looking at either the BP8s or BP6s for the fronts, the C/L/R 2002 or the Procenter2, and then the BP 1.2Xs for surrounds. I cant afford a sub right now, but I will look at those when I can afford one.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2976
The Pioneer usually play well with Def Techs. But you will be the ultimate judge:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us