My parcel shelf

Username: Martscorsa

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 3
ive made this shelf for the gt4-12 jbl 1000w speaker i have but i decided to add 4 more speakers to it. I added 4x 200w speakers to the shelf powered by a mrp-m350 alpine amp and it sounds ace u can feel the thud from inside my house when the bass kicks in ive not had it on full max yet. I was wonderin ive made a sealed box made of mdf ive screwed it tight and sealed it with silicoan seal if i place the box under the jbl speaker to creat a boom box /parcel shelf will this make the bass more tighter or shud i not bother??Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Natediggidy

Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 62
Definately make the box for it. JBL's website should say what type & size box to use.

southwales 106
Unregistered guest
for this subwoofer you should use a box thats volume is 1 cubic foot. and you should definately use a box as this subwoofer is definatly not a free air subwoofer.

southwales 106
Unregistered guest
For this subwoofer you should use a box thats volume is 1 cubic foot. And you should definately use a box, as this subwoofer is definatly not a free air subwoofer.

Unregistered guest
alright man, i got 2 of those boxed running 250rms each (cos thats all they actually are). once i bedded them in i noticed that my balls have dropped bout an inch more from the bass these puppies kick out, the best sub for the price, n a bargin at that. u really have to box these, i did a little testing and i actually found that a 1.2cf box works better, that is in my pug 306 gti, with quite a big boot, because remember, its not just the volume inside the box , but also the area directly infront of the sub. try it, borrow a difent size box when u done it, n just run the sub on its own, sounds trick in myn, good luck man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us