SubWoofer Noise - Cone rattles at certian freq..HELP

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a Yamaha Powered sub that I use in addition to a Bose home theater system. The sub is connected to a pioneer receiver by coaxial cable. At certian freq levels (low), the cone (??) seems to be making some kind of rattling noice... sounds like Drrrrr. This noise is very noticable and gives me the impression that something (cone?) has broken or loose inside. The noise reduces if I decrease the volume..but kind of defeats the purpose of the sub!!

Any thoughts??

Regards
Nick

Username: Njb986

MA

Post Number: 3
I'm having the same problem right now with my sub although my system is not as expensive(read my profile for details) my sub is rattling and the lower the frequency the worse the rattling gets. It sounds like the piece of plastic in the middle of the sub (the cone??) is loose somewhere but I've taken a very close look at it and it doesnt appear to have become seperated anywhere. also like Nick above me said, its not as bad if I lower the volume but then whats the purpose of having the sub?

Nick #2

AmSamoan
Unregistered guest
Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. The cone breaks away from the back of the sub (inside). If that's what it is, they just have to re-glue it. It cost me $5 (yes, only $5) and my sub is as good as new. Hope this helps.

Username: Njb986

MA

Post Number: 4
thanks a lot that is pretty helpful. my only question is where can I have this done?

AmSamoan
Unregistered guest
I'm not sure, but any stereo/speaker repair shop near you should do the trick. If you're picky, look on Yamaha's website and they'll most likely have a list of authorized repair shops (this would be best for you, especially if it's under warranty).

Actually, I looked it up for you---> http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/service.aspx

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us