Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2025
there is no difference in sound, its all so you can pick out the right amp

Username: Biochi

Post Number: 1
Hi:
New member who knows nothing with a question:
I have (4 each) 4 OHM (25Watt) Shakers that I am installing in a massage table for a research project involving tactile low frequency impulses. My PA is 125 watts per channel (250 total) or 350 watts bridged at 8 ohms and its speaker impedence is from 8 to 16 ohms for channels A + B or bridged. So there appears to be plenty of power for any possible circuit. All shakers will output the same program. My question is what wiring schematic would optimize the shakers output. 4 individual (left and right on channels A and B), all 4 in series bridged, just channel A with 2 in series on left and and 2 in series on right, or 2 in series on channel A right and 2 in series on channel B right?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ted

Bronze Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 12
so if i match the ohm on the sub 2 the same on the amp it will sound betta or no

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2041
if you dont match the ohms, then the sub will destroy the amp.

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 15
u no ur ohms an stuff will these 2 work 2gethere good sub http://discountsjungle.com/bospdpow40wa.html

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 16
sub http://a1bigaudio.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=1062

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2048
if you dont mind me asking, what is your price range? and are you set on these products because i could prolly find better stuff for you, but i havent personally heard those subs, so i dont know, but how much are you loooking to spend, do you want sound quality or sound pressure level (sq or spl), and if you get this, dont forget you will need a new alt, most likely 2 300 amp alts,thats about 700 dollers right there, caps and other stuff, you can do better

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 18
spl an around a grand or 2

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 19
in the 1 article u were talkin about neighbors windows an i have this box an i have a home stereo stock sub kickin out 130 watts an every thing in there house was fallin off the wall an it was in a car not the house an how bout the eclipse r they good in sq an spl http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=279&1=285&3=3352

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2053
ok the eclipse right there is a decent sub, it is the eclipse al, BUT its the 7000 series, not the 88000 series, if your giong to look into eclipse AL's go with the 88100 seriers, good spl, but the most amazing Sq of any sub i have ever heard/owned, it is better than the jlw6v2 even, its amazing, its only 30 bucks more on that site, its amazing, but if your going to seriously look into eclipse, look into the Ti line, i have a 15 inch Eclipse TI, and it has the sq close to that of an al and the spl of a w7(actually more its far superior) and it is by far the best sub i have ever heard. so if your looking into spending a grand or two, do this im going to do a 2 grand AMAZING SPL AND SQ setup, get 2 15 inch or 12 inch ECLIPSE TI's, on that site they are 500 bucks, but go to electronicgiants.com and i got mine for 350 lpus shipping, so thats like 750 bucks there, and now you have 1300 on other thingts, you NEED a HO alt, so figure that at 300 bucks(motor city remman.com i would suggest a 200-300 amp alt), so thats 1000 bucks to work with an amp and box uh you need an amp that is 1 ohm stable and puts out somewhere between 1500-2000 watts rms at 1 ohm so i would suggest an old PPI art series amp or an Orion amp if you can find them at decent prices, remember your looking for an amp that puts out 1500-2000 watts rms at 1 ohm times 1 or 750-1000 watts rms times 2 at 2 ohms. or you can find 2 mono amps and this is what i suggest, i suggest getting 2 ednine.1 (edesigns.com) and run them at 2 ohms and get 900 watts rms to each sub, OR get 2 jbl1200.1 and run them off those but make sure the boxes are ported. so if you order the 2 ednine.1's ibelieve they are 350 shipped then you have about 400 to work with a box. i would suggest having someone custom build you a box tuned around 25-35 hrtz ported, or if you want spl, i would go with 5 hrtz below your cars top frequency to kill yourself lol. But def go ported and get them custom made, OR get two ss boxes, www.powered4sound.com but this will run you over 400 sorry lol. and dont forget plenty of sound deadener, since you will get the ednine.1 get edeadv1 120 square feet off ebay for 100 bucks plus shipping, not bad, and if you need a HU go with clarion, eclipse, alpine, pioneer premier. lol, but this is all off the top of my head

Bronze Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 20
i just need 1 12 an an a amp so go wit the 88000 series i could mak boxes i just need 2 measure the cubic feet an hz so i might get 1 made from a audio store an but sum dynasheild 2 spray in the ported box so its clearer an more bass plus i got a pioneer amp 760watts 380rms 2 channle

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2071
that souand good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us