Help to record from digital cable box to stand alone CD recorder with a digital connection

Anonymous
How do I record audio from my motorola HDTV cable box to my RCA CD Recorder? I am able to record music from the receiver tuner(analog) input not from the video 2(digital) input which has an optical connection. The video 2 connection from the cable box to receiver is optical. I do not use seperate cables for analog audio on the cable box.

When I try to record analog or digital music from this connection, the CD recorder starts but then stops shortly after and nothing has been recorded.

Thanks LIL

Anonymous
I assume you can hear the HDTV audio thru the stereo speakers?

Sounds like big brother (and his little cousins, the RIAA and MPAA) stopping you from doing something which is (probably) perfectly legal.

The Motion Picture Association of America raised such a fuss when DVD and digital satellite/cable came out, the equipment manufacturers added anti-copy circuitry and software in, so your equipment refuses to make the recording you want.

Never mind that the supreme court ruled that it is perfectly legal for you to do so for your own private use. If you connect the CDR to the stereo via analog cables (along with the optical cable), you can resort to the analog connection when the digital copy guard gets in the way.

Unregistered guest
The problem might be in the audio settings of your cable box. If there is a selection for AUDIO set it to "other" (default might be that it is set onto DOLBY which cannot be recorded). If there is a selection for AUDIO RANGE set it to "narrow" to get the loudest output.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I too just want to record digital music channels and have had similar problems - probably because the signal is dolby even though my cable box is not HDTV. I just want digital stereo. Anyone know of a cable or sat receiver that has an option to set the digital out to stereo and therefore, hopefully the ability to record to SPDIF input on my PC sound card? My card can be set to sync with the incoming signal.

Unregistered guest
Can i record/store in PC the entire cable feed(not a particular channel) as a whole and play the selected channel from it whenever i need it.
Is there a possibility to do it, since all channels are compressed and give in a single cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us