WIRELESS SPEAKERS??????

LongTimeWolf
Unregistered guest
IS THIS WORTH DOING???

WHY/WHY NOT?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 238
wireless speakers still need a power source, a power cable. so really there is no advantage to them since you still end up running a wire to power them. that also leads to placement issues. you better have alot of power plugs in your house or a conviently located one to make it work. in the end you might still need to run a power cord to the location of your speakers, which goes against the concept of wireless. also you might get bandwidth issues with the signal that is being sent. in the end i think it is better to just stick with regular speakers for now. plus i dont know of any reputable speaker maker producing wireless. its all mass market or radioshack stuff that doesnt necessarily appeal or sound that good.

Silver Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 135
From what I hear, Samsung does make a halfway decent wireless 5.1 system. Not audiophile quality by any stretch of the imagination, but alright.

Christopher, most wireless speakers can run on batteries; I hate to think what the battery life on them is like though.

Amusingly enough I do have power outlets right where I would like to position rear speakers and wireless would be an option for me. As it stands now I have nothing because my wife dislikes ugly speaker wire.

bumblebee
Unregistered guest
the beginning of the end for exotic cable companies. but will audiophile speaker manufacturers follow?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 240
bumblebee your post makes no sense in the context of the post

bumblebee
Unregistered guest
christopher,

it was the first thing i thought of about the topic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us