NAD 320BEE + Diamond 8.2?

Anonymous

I'm planning on buying my first seperates system, and for the amplifier and speakers I am thinking of buying a NAD 320BEE and Wharfedale Diamond 8.2s. I was just wondering whether these two components will work together, and if they are a good combination for the amount of money I will be paying, and what other possibilities there could be for roughly this price range. I listen to many types of music and I have heard that the NAD is very good for this purpose. Could anyone possibly help me out here? thanks :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 95
Great review of Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 in the April/May edition of "The Absolute Sound". The reviewer really liked the sound of the Whafedales with the NAD C352 amp and NAD C542 CD player. My guess having heard both products and owning NAD gear that the combo would work beautifully. As the 8.2's are not very efficient make sure that you have enough power with the 320BEE. Unless you will be listening to trance or death metal it should be enough. Enjoy the music.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 127
I own a pair od Diamond 9.6 with a NAD 372 and they are one fantastic speaker! I listened to many that were higher end especially the price and they were no better than the Wharfedales! I tried to like others more but kept coming back to the 9.6's! The bass is so fantastic that I don't even use my HSU VTF mkII anymore with music only movies!

I am planning on upgrading to Musical Fidelity X series PRE and X-P200 next month and am looking forward to hearing even more detail.

Bronze Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 99
Sounds like a great system Danman. I very much like my NAD gear (C162 pre amp and C542 CD player) and Paradigm speakers. Will someday buy better speakers (probably other Paradigms, who knows).

Anonymous

i have the c320BEE and the 9.1s and about 12 m2 of space. did i do it right? i'm planning to get a c542 to complete my setup.

many thanks.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 103
Sounds like you will have a very nice system. I have the C542 CD player and it is truly a bargain. You will be enjoying the music for quite some time. You may want a sub in the future, consider the REL Q108 or Paradigm PW2100.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us