NAD C352

Username: Jonnybegood

Post Number: 1
Hello all, this is my first post. I'm looking to purchase a "starter" hifi system and would like to know where on the internet I can find online shops to buy stuff at. I live in a small town in Northern Canada so auditioning is pretty much a no-go. I've been trying to find the price for a NAD C352, but everything google brings up is in the UK. It's driving me mad!!! I can't find out how much this thing costs!!! Plz Help and drop some links to large online hifi sellers. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfson

Post Number: 13
Try going to the NAD website and look for an authorized dealer in your area. Should not be that hard.

Wolf

StuartNADfan
Unregistered guest
On the Web you can try baybloorradio.com. Bay Bloor is in Toronto. The web site has prices, so you can get a sense of what gear goes for. If you decide to buy remotely, let me suggest americansound.com which, oddly, is Canadian. I recently bought there and have found them to be knowledgeable and customer-oriented. I'm sure there are other places as well.
I posted elsewhere, I just bought the NAD 320BEE, 342 CD and 422 tuner, along with Totem STTAF speakers. Nice "starter" system. You could use the 352 instead of the BEE, not much difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 66
Try yawaonline.com.... Give them a call because they will give you a better price than what is listed on the website.... They gave me a good deal on a c272 and c422.... Also, a good price on a c541i a couple of years ago. They promptly reply to emails, and have a tech guy you can speak with as well..
I cannot say enough good things about them, first class service...

StuartNADfan
Unregistered guest
Oops! Cd was 542 not 342.
Id, you were asking about the 422 elsewhere. Seems good, one quirk, with the remote on the BEE when you switch from CD to tuner, the tuner band changes.(!) I understand why, but it means that you have to push it twice just to stay where you were. I used the "blend" feature for a station I won't listen to because the reception is weak. The blend worked to preserve stereo information and improve the reception to make it quite listenable. Neat.
Nice system you have ;-)

Bronze Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 67
Thanks stu, I really believe in the idea of nad being excellent budget priced gear. I was asking about the c422 because I am having trouble getting in this one college rock station... I couldn't get it in consitently with my denon receiver, and actually don't get it in at all with the nad... I have no complaints with the c422,and I also use the blend feature, it's a useful function. I was going to get the c162 pre
as well but was swayed to get a passive pre. I have the ft audio little wonder, paired with the c272 it is a clear step above my denon dra 685 (now sold). My speakers are polk rti-10's, and they sound much better with the nad amp and the passive pre. If I upgrade anything it would be the cdp, not that the 541i isn't good. I'm hooked on audio but I will stand pat for a few years with what I have. I still read this and audioasylum constantly though, you can't know enough....

StuartNADfan
Unregistered guest
I would try one of those dipole FM antennas (FM-2G-C College Band??) and see if that works. Just get one as an overnight demo or with a 24 hour return and check it out, if that is practical. Here's a laugh. What interconnect are you using from the 541i? I bought a Cardas interconnect and was told to remove it after everything is broken in, replace it with the stock unit, and if I didn't hear a difference I could return the Cardas for a full refund (because I didn't deserve it). How's that for a good line? Your 541i should last a long time.

Bronze Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 68
If your referring to the y-shaped antenna, I do use that one. Not getting that particular station isn't a big deal. It's only 1500 watts and it's about 30 miles away. You know I bought some cables from bluejeanscables.com. I use the belen 1505 f, 2 ft length for my cdp. No b.s., just straight information on the types of cable used and a link to beldens website to give you the specs. I think a 1m pair is a shade over 30 dollars... Very fair price considering all the hocus pocus talk with cables....

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfson

Post Number: 14
Have you tried an FM booster from Terk. I have heard people have had good results with these. Should be less than 50 bucks as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us