COMBINATION COMPONENT SYSTEM COMPARISON

Anonymous
FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, I'M CONSIDERING A PURCHASE CONSISTING OF THESE PIONEER COMPONENTS:
RECEIVER: ELITE VSX-36-TX ; DVD PLAYER: ELITE DV-C36 ; CD RECORDER: PDRW-839 ; DUAL CASSETTE DECK: CTW-606-DR
I HEAR THAT DENON, ONKYO INTEGRA, AND YAMAHA ARE ALSO GOOD BRANDS. IF ANYONE HAS SOME COMPARATIVE KNOWLEDGE OF ANY, OR ALL, OF THESE BRANDS, AND THEIR EQUIVELANT MODELS (RECEIVER AND DVD PLAYER PRIMARILY), AGAINST THE PIONEER CHOICES, ANY HELP (OF ANY KIND) ON THE BEST COMPARATIVE CHOICE(S) WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Bronze Member
Username: Falp

Post Number: 23
Elite? Never heard of it!

Go for a Marantz or Denon or NAD if you love both Music and also watch Home Cinema.

Or a Yamaha if you want only Home Cinema.

ron
Unregistered guest
the new pioneer 814,914 are probably the best cheapest receivers you can buy(for home thetaer at least).the denon 1604,1804 will be a little better for music probably,as wel as the marantz 4400.I have more concerns about build quality of nad and yamaha(especially since i buy by mail order).the newer pioneer elite receivers 55 model and others are great(pioneerelectronics.com).Buy the 814 at datavis.com-you can get prices for all others thru yahoo and/or this website.dvd player pioneer 563 is best value or non dvd-audio models for under $100.I'm not the biggest fan of harman kardon but their model 26 cd recorder must be one of the best(although the pioneer cd recs are good esp. if you get a good price)-vanns has the harman kardon or check other sources as well(about $300).Pioneer dual cassettes probably are among the best dual cassettes(from what I've heard).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us