Blown DAC in my NAD T763?

Bronze Member
Username: Sfox7076

Post Number: 19
I have defended my NAD on this board a lot and had no problem with it until this last week. I went to play a DVD the other day and had a white noise hum. I thought that it was the dreaded sound issue everyone on this board has discussed. As I went through all my various connections and the like, I noticed that the right channel on the receiver wasn't working from any of the digital inputs. When I use the analog inputs, it is fine. Any thoughts on what this might be other than a blown DAC? I currently using the analog outs on my SACD/DVD player, and frankly thought that the DVD players DAC always sounded better than the NADs, but now I have to be able to watch my HDTV with 5.1, and I don't have that now... Time to get it serviced, but I cannot stand it taking 2-3 weeks...

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 67
Sounds like a hardware fault. But may be worth doing a system reset if you haven't already done so.

".... the magic sequence is to press both the "video" and "tone defeat" buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. When you let go of them, you'll see "AH RESET DONE". Then turn the system off with the main switch in back, leave it off for a minute or two, then turn it back on. ....."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Did that when it happened. Nothing...

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
For how long you have the NAD T763? Daniel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I have had it for about 9 months. I got it in June of last year.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us