Problems with marantz SR4400

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 199
i just got a marantz SR4400 and am having some problems. i was in the process of setting up my reciever going through the menus when all of a sudden my remote stopped working, or atleast part of it. the menu button no longer works and is causing a problem because i had to reset my reciever and can no longer redo my setup. the setup/t.tone button doesnt work either so i cannot adjust channel volumes either. anyone have any ideas what has gone wrong or any ways to setup things without the remote? could it be my reciever has gone bonkers? and how much do new remotes go for? also i am having problems getting over 2 channels in my digital signal. i am trying to use my sound card to get the full ht experience. i am using a SB audigy2 NX. Should i just get the xitel hifi pro?

nick75
Unregistered guest
I just bought marantz SR5500 last week. What a great receiver. But i faced the same problem with u when i connected it with my whole system. After that everything settle. One thing u need u remeber, everytime u want to doing something with your system, u need to enter button 'amp'on your remote. then everything should be ok.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
nick, you are a life saver. i must have looked over that in the manual. thank you very much for your response. that was very helpful.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
last thing i need to take care of is the digital signal. when i use a digital signal, coax, i only get the front channels to light up. is there something i need to do with the sound card to make it send a surround sound signal or is there a better product that i can use?

edster922
Unregistered guest
Chris & Nick,

LOL, I had the EXACT same fright when I first hooked up my SR5400! Yeah, I don't think the Marantz manual covers this little quirk too well...it's a very annoying quirk actually, one I never encountered on any other remote in my life.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1543
Maybe it's designed so kids (and wives) can't change your settings?

edster922
Unregistered guest
Heh, that did occur to me...actually the Marantz is VERY kid/wife-proof already since you can lock and unlock your settings on the menu display!

That really should be enough though, having to hit that damn "amp" button ten times a day gets annoying.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1545
I have found with some of the menu buttons on the remote for my 7300, you can press twice instead of hitting the amp button - go figure!

Bronze Member
Username: Shahrukhd

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 31
Hey all, I had the very same problem with my SR4400 when I 1st installed it. That's solved, but now, it' something else. I'm using an analogue connection with my DVD player (haven't bought the digital coax yet). It sounds super in stereo mode. I even set up the dolby/DTS/CS2 etc, but nothing happens when I turn the big surround knob. It remains on stereo. It works with the remote but not manually. Help please!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us