What Amps For Speakercraft Starlet 6's and 4's

Username: Colfaxkarl

Auburn, California USA

Post Number: 1
I just came into 2 pairs of Stalet 6's and 2 pairs of 4's. I am thinking of using one pair of each for a home theater (new construction) 13' X 22' with 10' ceilings. I want to use the others in a very large entertaining space (26' X 40' with 16+' ceilings. Any suggestions on 1: should I use the Starlets in my home theater, and 2: how do I drive all these beasts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Username: Srlabs1

San leandro, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
Karl-
I would say definitly use the starlets in your home theater, I have a pair of starlet 4's and love the clairity and definition. I install the starlet 4-9's all the time and they are some of the sickest speakers I've ever heard, and being in the sound business for a couple of decades I've heard a lot of speakers.
For the starlet 4's I would reccomend an Aragon
with some power. 200 per side. Both the 4's and 6's are bi ampable but only the 6's have to be bi amped. If you can (afford it), then you should bi amp the 4's. Everthing sounds so much better bi amped. Anyway, the pics I will send are using a speakerCraft DBB12100, and there are 100 watts going to each of the 4 starlet channels. BUT, they are power hungry, and 400 watts is not enough. They also need to be calibrated. The channels do not take the same power and must be powered with an amp that has individual line level controls. for So I have a pair of 9's biamped with aragon at 250
per channel and they are Insane. Leave your email address and I can forward you some pics of installations with the 4's and 9's. My Company is at http://www.soundresearchlabs.com or you could e-mail me at the address posted on the website.
Do you have the calibration tool for the starlets?

Charles, Owner Sound Research Labs

Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us