Ns 45e yamaha

Username: Carnelian

Post Number: 1
hi, i'm about to invest in my first system of seperates with a budget of about £500 for speaker and amps. I've been going to a store where they have recommended me the NAD c352 which i have read favourable reviews of, along with Yamaha NS-45e speakers which i can;t find any info on. Anyone had any experience with them? or can anyone recommend other speakers to go with the NAD c352. any help will be appreciated,
Carnelian

Silver Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 103
For something like the well regarded C352, I would suggest looking at speakers more in line with the level of performance this integrated amp is capable of delivering.

Are you looking at floorstanders, bookshelves (don't forget to budget for stands)?

Yamaha is not noted as a speaker designer- although they make fine motorcycles, pianos, keyboards and, apparently, mid-fi audio/home theater components. :-)

Shop around, listen lots and happy shopping.

Post Number: 2
i'm looking for floorstanders i guess. thing is i really don't know where to start looking, there is such a huge range and i don't know what will be the right power etc. but thanks for your ideas!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 263
Carnelian,

The best place to start looking is the speaker showroom at your nearest retailer. Dont worry about power handling, specs and ratings etc...etc...

Because you're on a tight budget, that will limit your search for you. Only concern yourself with how the speakers sound and simply buy whatever offers the most bang for your buck and sounds best without breaking your piggybank.

Post Number: 3
what does anyone think about using the KEF Audio Cresta 30 with the NAD c352? good combo ?

Post Number: 4
any other suggestions as to what to go with nad c352?

Silver Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 108
Perhaps you can spend some time at the bookstore with one of the annual buyer's guides that are on the market.
I believe HiFiChoice and WhatHiFi have synopses of equipment they have rated highly in the various price ranges in each issue.

Or perhaps browsing the equipment & review archives of their websites can yield results.

Paul's suggestion is the only really valid one- you must go and listen to speakers, preferably paired with the same components you will have in your system.

The only thing other folks can do is provide brands and models with which we have had experience.

Cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us