Thx speakers

Username: Jbecvar

Post Number: 5
I have a pioneer vsx 1014, and when I go thru the setup menu, it says something about thx speakers should be set to small, and the crossover should be set to 80. Are there actual thx certified speakers, or is this to have any speaker conform to the thx standards?

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1501
thx is just a rating system to ensure components satisfy thx complience. Companies pay to have thx endorsed products and such products "supposedly" comply to thx specifications. There are countless components that comply but the manufacturers don't always wish to pay for the thx logo use or think it's necessary. Don't worry about it - read 'thx' as 'the' and enjoy your receiver.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Products have to meet THX specs and then be submitted for certification to the THX folks. Unless you are building a true THX theater system from beginning to end and are very concerned about meeting their guidelines, THX certification means little if anything in the typical HT.

Username: Kloonger

Post Number: 1
hi guys,
I'm probably in the wrong site but I was looking to get more info on some TR-1120 home audio speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us