I need a receiver for Bose II 10

Username: Sbolmgre

Post Number: 1
I recently bought a bose acoustimass 10 system with only 3 cubes and "bass" module for a very good price. I know that Bose are not considered to be good, but I live in a tiny dorm room! however, I need e receiver/amplifier for my speakers. I listen to music mostly, so I need a receiver that plays music well and works well with the bose speakers. Can anyone recommend somehting? I want to spend around $300. I am also considering buying an older, used receiver, as to get better sound for the money (I don't need all the fancy digital modes, I play most of my movies/music from my computer). I have also looked into old Carver amplifiers - how do they compare to modern receivers?

I am thankful to all help I can get!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Post Number: 374
I would get Panasonic sa-xr45 for about $300 online. It has a digital amp section that sounds clean, smooth, and dynamic.

Getting an old one is a good idea too - I like old Marantz stuff on ebay - amp like 1060, or receivers like 2230,2245,2270. Higher the no. the more powerful. Make sure it's all functioning when getting a used item - they are very old so many are not working - contact the seller to make sure it's all working. They sound smooth and warms - better than most of the modern stuff for the money you want to spend.

Another option is to get this onkyo refurb - it's 100 watts and has pretty good sound.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=292771

I think the panasonic sa-xr45 is your best bet - you can use it for home theatre later when you get out of College - and it's new and will match Bose the best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us