Musical Sub for $1000

Username: Seaside7

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 1
Hi Everyone:
I am in search of a musical sub in the $1,000 range. Primary use is obviously music but will also use it for HT. I'm not looking to break our good china. I'll be driving this with a Sony ES with preamp. I have one requirement or should I say, my wife has one requirement, that this not be a big box. Something in the 12-15" box size leaving me in the 10" drive range? The room is 12x20 ft. will all wood walls and 10 ft. ceiling and one wall all glass. Does anyone have experience with Boston Acoustics PV1000, Martin Logan Grotto, or REL? All suggestions welcomed. Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 291
velodyne SPL II series comes in 8" and 10" with black, cherry and probably a couple other finishes.

Silver Member
Username: Shokhead

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 134
Whats a musical sub? I only know of good and bad subs.

Username: Seaside7

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 2
Musical Sub? What I am looking for is a sub that will be primarily used to listen to music. So by my definition, a sub that is very tight and not designed to rumble the house. Home Theater is not my main objective but a nice to have. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 296
i just made one

Silver Member
Username: Shokhead

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 135
If you dont want it to rumble the house,turn it down because you described a good sub. This music sub and HT sub stuff is crazy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us