Im trying to find the best 4 ohm with at least 192hertz home theatre speakers

Username: Lexuscruiser

Bothell, Wa United States

Post Number: 1
basically I can afford anything you find within $6,000 need about 6-7 of them for a 6.2 or 7.2 setup that im trying to do here

Username: Lexuscruiser

Bothell, Wa United States

Post Number: 2
I have listened to the $30,000 speaker setup they had at the home theatre store and then I listened to their Denon, JBL and M&K's and I think I may have narrowed it down to these 3 selections if I am missing any in this range let me know ... overall I may spend $24,000 because I can get an extremely large discount on them because of some connections, I am still doing my research any help would be appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 81
Go 7.2 setup. So you won't regret after it's done.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 115
the MartinLogan fresco are awesome!!!

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 393
Whoa!

Jabroni, if you're really looking to spend that kind of money, you should go to a dealer and get a few demonstrations to build the system that you prefer. There are no obvious 'best' combinations - only combinations that differ to a greater or lesser extent. You could go 5.1, 7.1, 7.2 etc for the same amount of money, but one is not necessarily better than the other. At this level you really need some expert advice from a dealer who will support you in future and who will guide you to build a system to your satisfaction.

Different speakers have very different voices, but this is true of electronics too. A Naim surround solution sounds totally different to a Denon or Arcam solution. Without hearing them, how do you know which you prefer?

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 113
For that kind of money I would recomend JBL Synthesis I've heard nothing but good things and they custmize the system to your room. theres diffrent systems setups for diffrent price ranges I've listened to the HT and found it better than an actual theater

http://www.jblsynthesis.com/products/the_systems.aspx?Language=ENG&Country=US&Re gion=USA

Bronze Member
Username: 1st61

Post Number: 84
If say custom installation, how about niles? they do this kind business.
http://www.nilesaudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 116
for that kind of money I recomend MartinLogan and Magnepan. They will BLOW the JBL synthesis out of the water for overall realism, smoothness, and overall detail. The sound quality that you get from these thin film speakers is second to none!

The last time I heard the JBL'S I could tell I was listening to horns. They had a honk to them that I just couldnt get past.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us