Infinity or polk, which one is better?

Username: Aqua

Post Number: 2
i saw two speakers are on sale on two different stores. one is infinity PRIMUS 360, and the other is polk rti8. the price of infinity is about $699 and that of polk is $899. cause they are in different stores, i cannot place them side by side and compare. is there anyone here has the experice on these two speakers? which has better sound and which one is better to choose?

Bronze Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 57
IMHO, in this price range there are better alternatives.

$800 can net a pair of PSB Image floorstanders. $900 can net a pair of NHT ST4s. Just to name two.

The only true measure should be by your own ears... go to the store and listen.

Post Number: 3
oh, this is in canadian dollars and for a pair.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 58
IMHO, for < $500 or less CDN, I tend towards bookshelves as I haven't found a floor stander in this price range that does anything better than a bookshelf- except play louder and have deeper extension in the lower octaves.

Go to the stores and check them out- one after the other. Bring music you are familiar with and have the sales associate play it for you.

Post Number: 4
thanks for your suggestion. but i still want some opinion between these two speakers. their regular prices are same: CAD$999 but in different two different stores.

Bronze Member

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 59
Google.com and google "Infinity Primus 360 reviews" and "Polk RTi8 reviews".

You should find some links and sites (like avreview.com) with opinions from people who have these systems. A search of the forum here at ecoustics.com may also yield some threads regarding these two speakers.

Cheers.

edster922
Unregistered guest
I saw the Primus 360 on ebay for about $450 shipped and brand new a few months ago, I'd look there first if I were you.

The RTi8s are nice but way overpriced for what you're getting. For $900 you'd be way better off with Internet-direct speakers like the Ascend 340s plus a cheap sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 43
Kelly, I don't understand why you keep insisting on the opinion of others on this topic. You have been given the right advice: go listen for yourself. That is the only way to intelligently shop for speakers. Of course, I did say intelligently. If you want to do something dumb, go right ahead.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us