How do I connect the Denon 3910 to the 3805 receiver?

Username: Tanna11

Post Number: 2
I just bought a Denon 3910 Universal DVD player as well as the Denon 3805 receiver. There seems to be two options for hooking them up to one another. I can use the Denon-Link connection, or I can use the analog audio connections. I've read that analog connections may be the way to go to avoid digital interferece? Is this true? Anyone know which way would produce the best audio sound?

Username: Jraider

Post Number: 2
I have a feeling that the analog may-be what you want, but i really truely think that the digital will sould jsut as good.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 397
AFAIK the digital connection should be used for transmitting th ecompressed DTS and Dolby Digital streams from DVD-V. You can also use this connection to transfer CD streams. That said, the D/A circuits in the 3910 suffer less jitter so should sound better than if you get the receiver to do it. So for CD, I'd listen via the analogue connections typically.

The High Resolution formats (SACD and DVD-A) cannot be transferred in digital via the usual S/PDIF connection. This is what the iLink is about I believe. It allows you to transfer in digital to the receiver, but this is not true for SACD since the law doesn't allow that yet (copyright issues). Therefore, it's likely that for the high res formats you need to connect all the analogue outputs of the 3910 to the multi input connections on the receiver, but you should check the manual because iLink may let you get away with just the one connection.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Tanna11

Post Number: 3
Thanks, this was all very helpful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us