Curious

Anonymous

I see a lot of major speaker manufacturers that have been in business for many years. Some known for great bang for the buck. Some such as I believe it is API (Mirage)(Energy) that have huge research facilities and as I recall I think they are backed by the government or given resources by the government or something like that. They make their own drivers and other parts as well. I think Paradigm is in a similar situation to some degree.

Then you have small companies such as Orb Audio or the company that makes Ling and a few others that sell a product and claim that they have something unique in the sound quality and the way it is built compared to their competition. I can understand that selling direct can save you money but I don!t understand how all the other big players can produce a wide variety of products for so many years and yet these other companies can come along with a formula that is going to function better. These companies have studied at great length the sound properties of speakers and diffraction and everything else involved and yet these other companies would have you believe they make special drivers and such that offer advantages unavailable anywhere else. It makes me wonder.

This is not meant to be an abrasive post, just a statement.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 171
I fully appreciate your comments. I'm my own R&D, design, manufacturing and marketing departments. Very low overhead. Also, there is a close-knit sub-set of the audio community outside the big boys that are incredibly talented, innovative and creative. They tend to shun the big boys or are being shunned. I try to hang out with them. ;-)
There are a lot of talented people working for JBL and others but they have to exist within a large corporate structure so not all their ideas come to fuition.

Anonymous

Thanks for your insight. I did not mean to be negative towards companies that are not part of the main stream. I know some smaller companies offer great products along with advantages they can offer over the larger companies. Keep up the good work.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 174
I took no offense at your remarks. It was a very good question and well presented.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us