Onix Rocket UFW-10; best sub...EVER!?

Unregistered guest
Ok, so I've been doing some research regarding which sub to buy. Hundred of threads and reviews later I had decided on the HSU STF-3....uuuuntil I found out about the SVS PB1-ISD which suppoedly ko's the HSU. Much research later, I had made my FINAL final decision, the SVS. Ok so right before I was about to purchase the SVS I was informed that the Onix Rocket UFW-10's eat SVS's and poops them out. aka: the're a lot better. The most musical sub for under $1500? Rumor has it. Comments, questions? Thanks:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 88
Vandersteen, REL, Martin Logan, I wouldn't consider the above subs witout listening to these 3 brands. If musical is what you are looking for the Vandersteen's and REL's specialize in it. Martin Logan's are very gopod as well. HSU and SVS make good subs for the money but at 1500.00 you are in high end territory and don't have to settle for them. Musically my Paradigm PW2100 sounds better than any HSU that I have heard.

Unregistered guest
Hey, Thanks for the suggestions. When I asked about the most musical sub ever. I was referring to all of the positive comments made about the UFW-10 such as that it is a $600 sub that sounds better than subs at more than twice that. $600 is all I can afford.

Unregistered guest
Hey, Thanks for the suggestions. When I asked about the most musical sub ever. I was referring to all of the positive comments made about the UFW-10 such as that it is a $600 sub that sounds better than subs at more than twice that. $600 is all I can afford.

Unregistered guest

Bronze Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 91
Maybe HSU has change but the last one I got a close up look at had a foam surround on the driver. That kind of dinosaur technology scares me. When I called HSU to discuss it they said they were considering changing it. I'm not so scared of direct marketed products but when I did my research to buy a sub I still found that my Paradigm PW2100 is the best buy at it's price. At 749.00 it may be above your price but you could likely work out a deal to get it close. And you never know you may not even like it. Once broken in it is a very good and versatile sub.

Bronze Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 92
You know I forgot ot mention that PSB, Monitor Audio, and Definitive Technology all make highly regarded reasonably priced subs.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 229
velodyne is also known for making good subs at reasonable prices.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us