A question about placing the center channel speaker

Bronze Member
Username: Sip

Post Number: 12
I bought an Atena AS-C1 to go with my ASF2 front speakers but am unable to place on the top of the TV as it is too big for my TV wall unit. So, I placed the Center Channel speaker horizontally on top the wall unit (about 20 inches from the top of the TV - 20 inches below the celing. i.e about 6 feet from the floor). Also, it is not located on the center axis of the TV but more closer to right front speaker (I cannot keep the Center Channel speaker at the center of the wall unit because I keep my receiver on the top of the wall unit too). I tilted center channel speaker to aim it down to the sofa. Is this arrangement reasonably OK or should I buy the smaller Atena C.5 center channel speaker, which can be placed on top of my TV without a problem. C.5 is probably not as good as ASC1 and belongs to Point 5 series whereas ASC1 and ASF2 are Athena Audtion series speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 165
In your situation it might be better to use the "phantom" center setting on your AV receiver. It's enough of a compromise having the speaker above or below the screen let alone it being off center or nearly two feet above the screen. If you "must" have a CC speaker go with the version that will fit in the space you have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us