Paradigm Titan speakers broken?

Username: Dkarim

Post Number: 1
I have four Paradigm Titan speakers along with Paradigm Sub-Woofer and Center speaker being driven by ONKYO TX-SV727R amp. I have had these speakers for years and have been quite happy with them. But all of a sudden three of my Titan speakers sounds broken when DVD playing movies. They sound broken with low bass noise (sounds like broken diaphram). The speakers sounds ok while playing music!!

Q: Are my speakers really busted? If yes, then is there a way to get them fixed?

Q: Is it worth getting them fixed?

Q: I live in Kansas City, is there a place where I can take them and have them tested/fixed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

....dabir

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 23
Im not positive about your problems but i have some suggestions first try checking the connections with the dvd player and second if they really are broken paradigm speakers they should be on warrenty and if they arent then write to the company and im shore the will fix them. they have been a truely respectfull brand for a while now and im shore they will show the same to there customers.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Use a test disc with a frequency sweep from 20 to 20kHz. This will tell you if the speakers have any mechanical problems. If you don't have a test disc, they are often available either on line or at the larger retailers.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your replies. I did run the test disk with frequency sweep from 20 to 20K Hz with no problems. But the speakers still sound broken when playing dvd with loud low bass noise!!

Q: What is the problem? I am clue less. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Post Number: 3
My email address.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 98
it could be that the speakers are trying to play bass frequencies that are below the tuning frequency of the port. This will sometimes cause noise to occur at the port. Being that the titans play low enough for music, but not necessarily for movies, this may be the problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 99
my suggestion would be to use the internal crossover in your reciever to cut out all the low bass in your speakers, and let the sub do all the work. Call onkyo and find out if this is possible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us