Reciever to complement Paradigm Monitor 7's

Username: Cooper7141

Post Number: 1
After one month of auditions, my girlfriend and I have decided on Paradigm Monitor 7's along with the cc-370 and Atom's for the surrounds. We will be using a Hsu VTF-3 MK 2 for our sub. Our system will be used for 75% music 25% HT. Would like to spend around 700.00 for a receiver. I am interested in the following receivers.
-Onkyo TXNR801
-Yamaha RX-V1500
-Denon AVR-2805
-Pioneer VSX1014TX-K
-Pioneer Elite VSX-52TX
-Marantz SR6400
-refurbished NAD
Would like the reciever to have at least 2 component inputs and some sort of room acoustic optimizer like YAPO. Any advise welcomed. Thanks in advance for any feed back.

Anonymous

If i were u i would go with the onkyo but however you might want to take a look at rotel recivers they might cost a little bit more but if you could here how the soud comes out you would love it my personal thought i think that rotel has one of the best recivers out on the market. rotel deffinataly beats all the ones you named.check um i think you will be surprised

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 333
Denon 2805 - The musicality of Denon is impressive, and will complement the Paradigm sound well.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 90
Definately look at the denon 2805, yamaha 1500 and pioneer elite 52. If you like a warmer sound then the elite will make them sing, if not both the denon and yammie are great with paradigm. I have the monitor 7's and will be getting one of these receivers as soon as i get some $$. I have heard them with the elite and yammie, but not the denon.

Anonymous

You people should listen to Rotel recievers there one of the best

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i agree rotel is one of the best, but their cheapest receiver is $700 Canadian more than the prices of the receivers we are talking about.

Username: Cooper7141

Post Number: 2
Thanks for all the responce. I have been leaning towards the Yamaha since day one. I am sure Rotel makes a great reciever, unfortunatly their products are out of my price range. On a side note, anyone have thoughts on the NAD t762? I realize its a older model but it seems to have all the features I would need aside from the room acoustic optimizer feature. I am sure I would do just fine with the avia disk and a spl meter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Supposedly the NAD receivers sound quality is great, however they are having some severe problems with there processing, it has gone so far that my local dealer that sells nad won't even recommend them, they push their yamaha and elite lines instead, said that too many are coming back with problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us