Paradigm 9se Speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Reggie_lives

Post Number: 14
From my understanding, these are older monitor series speakers? I have a chance to pick up a pair for $250 CDN, and was looking for some input as to whether they would be worth it.

I don't know specifically how old the pair I'm thinking of buying are, but from the reviews i've read at AudioReview.com, they seem to be of the 1990's era. Should i shy away from speakers that are that old?

Also, from the product information i was able to dig up from paradigm's webpage, it states these speakres are 4 ohms.

http://www.paradigm.ca/Website/CommonMain/Archives/Paradigm/5se_7se_9se.pdf

My yamaha 5760 receiver has an impedance switch that goes from 8 ohm to 4 ohm. I really have no experience with speakers/receivers, so i want to know if my receiver can power 4ohm speakres, as well as handling 2 pairs of titans (which are 8 ohms) which are being used as a front and rear center channel, and as surrounds.

Any experience/input would be greatly appreciated, as well as any type of theoretical explanation that pertains to the impedance of speakers.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 12
If i were you i would go for somthing new because they are so old if they break there is no warrenty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us