Question about ohms?

Username: Shayadave

Oceanside, California USA

Post Number: 5
OK, I am interested in getting the most out of my amp (Lanzar Vibe 268) , just like anyone else, and am curious about how ohms work? If the stat's from my Amp say's, 800W @ 2ohm and 500W @ 4ohm, How do I choose whether or not I want either one, I would really like to push 800W Obviously, but how do I know if my subs (Audiobahn Alum12Q-yes I know not many people like em, but they worked on my budget) will work at 2ohm? The Subs say 3Ohm or 12ohm Operation? I'm uneducated and need this to be broken down "Barney Style" if anyone is willing to explain.
Just to summerize what I am getting at.
How do I get the most out of my amp? Lanzar 268 Vibe series to power Audiobahn Alum 12Q's?

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 102
this question really belongs in the auto sound forum. virtually no home systems have lower impedence than 4 ohms.

lower impedences allowmore efficient power transfers from the amp as long as the amp can handle such loads. low impedences can fry an amp that isn't designed for it.

higher impedences let an amp better control a speaker in general. note: these comments are in regards to home systems, not auto. you'll get better responses to this question in the right forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us