Onkyo 602 Setup HELP

Username: Frank_the_tank

Post Number: 1
I just bought a Onkyo 602 reciever and my Left front speaker is alot (i mean alot) louder then the right front. Using the microphone with auto setup the left front was set at -12db to compensate but it is still much louder.

I have checked the speaker distances, callibration and even changed the speakers and wires to take them out of the equation.

I have unplugged all devices and just used fm radio, then tried my cd then tape as souces and they all do the same thing.

I have tried different processing formats such as mono, all sterio, plx music, etc. They all sound louder in one speaker then the other. One format sounded kinda muffled but i forget which one.

I am trying to rule out if it is a setting issue or is this reciever broken. I ordered it online therefore i can't bring it to my local store for help.

Is there any factory reset button just incase it is a setting problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since i am at the end of my rope.

602 too
Unregistered guest
'Scrape' the set-up you have now. Get the receiver up to eye level with a flashlight to see if a piece of wire or metal isn't bridging anything. Unscrew and rescrew all the caps. Use one speaker wire and two speakers to see if this cleared anything up. If it did, get some banana plugs.

Username: Frank_the_tank

Post Number: 2
Thanx for the response.

I have solved the problem by using the factory reset.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us