Paradigm Cinema 110 system

Username: Boardinmn

Post Number: 1
I have a 20 x 15 ft room with 9 foot ceiling plus vaulted. I have been looking at the Paradigm Cinema 110 and driving them with the Onkyo 502 receiver (75 watts). Since I am such a NEWBE to this type of thing I need lots of help for the experts (that is you guys).
The questions;
(1) Is the Paradigm system OK for that room size?
I will be sitting 15 + feet back from the front speakers/TV.
(2) Will the Onkyo 502 drive the system with only 75 watts?
(3) What about speaker wire, I have read several threads that say the Home Depot 14 gauge speaker wire is fine and I don't need the big expensive stuff (i.e.monster cable)?

I looked at the Bose mini's but after reading the comments on this and other threads it was obvious that there are some folks who are not impressed!

HELP

Jimvm
Unregistered guest
I'm no expert, but I'll give you my opinions:

1) While they may not fill the entire room with the full, robust sound that other, larger speakers would, the Paradigm Cinema 110 system should be OK for that room size.

2) At 75 watts per channel, the Onkyo TX-SR502 has more than enough power for the Cinema 110 system.

3) Home Depot 14 gauge speaker wire is fine; you don't need the "big expensive stuff."

Jimvm
Unregistered guest
On second thought, with respect to the speaker wire, if you're talking about the runs to the rear speakers in a room that size, I'd probably go with 12 gauge. The 14 gauge should be fine for the front three speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us