Mixed Brands

Dylan Ludwig
Unregistered guest
Over the years, i've been slowly working on my surround system and have come upon different deals at different times which has made me end up with different brands all over the place. I have an H/K AVR 330, custom made front speakers, Infinity center, Paradigm Rears, and Acoustic Research at the very back for the 7.1, and a subwoofer brand i can't even read because the symbol is a signature...i had originally bought a JBL sub, but somwhow i ended up with this one, but its alot bigger (15").
Anyways, i'm just wondering if it matters that i have all these brands mixed together....the system sounds great still, but could it be much better if all speakers were the same?

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
actually, it can sound much better if all the speakers were the same brand. This is because most of the companies do something called "voice matching." This is ti insure that all their speakers sound great when being used together. This is ESPECIALLY impotant for multichannel music.

gavin

SnoMan
Unregistered guest
Quick comment - I have Infinity Alpha 40s, Alpha center, and an Interlude sub. Quite frankly, I ran out of dough for the surrounds, and ended up with a relatively cheap set of Wharfedales.

I have subbed in several friend's speakers (and other components) in different places - little Alpha 20s in the front, several different surrounds, ect. The matching seems to matter most in the front 3, but the sub and surrounds never really made a HUGE difference. Certainly, some were better than others, but overall not enough to dump the Wharfedales. (I will ditch the Wharfedales, though, as soon as I find a decent deal on a pair of Infinity 25es.)

So what am I saying? Let your ears decide.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 42
as I said...

especially important for multichannel music

gavin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us