NAD T763 Firmware/Software upgrade

Username: 66gtkcode

San Francisco, California USA

Post Number: 10
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone has some info for me. I sent in my NAD T763 receiver to have the fans replaced, both sets went bad and were making a loud clicking noise. Anyway, that problem has been fixed under warranty, but why they had the unit I asked them to do the Board upgrade to bring it up to Dolby Prolgic IIX and to also update my firmware/software which currently is at 1.27 or something like that(I forgot it since the last time I looked). Well I received a call today saying the upgrade was going to cost me $375.00. Can't afford that right now, so I asked them to only do the Firmware/software update and they told me that NAD told them that the two go hand in hand and no upgrade could be done without the board upgrade. Now this doesn't make any sense to me since I've read on this site about people getting upgraded to firmware version 2.05. How can I get this done, can I do it myself? I would normally think that they were trying to rip me off, but I said I would pay for just the firmware update, so they're not making any money where they could be. Any suggestions would help.

Bronze Member
Username: Dary

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 40
Oops, it's the first time I see someone get charged for the update. Have you contacted NAD directly?
The firmware upgrade CAN be done without the Pl2x board upgrade. It has it's own benefits that have nothing to do with PL2x.
My advice is to look elsewhere for assistance (or go to NAD directly).

Bronze Member
Username: 66gtkcode

San Francisco, California USA

Post Number: 12
Yes, I figured as much about the upgrade. I didn't think I needed the board upgarde to have the other firmware upgrade done. I would go somewhere else, but this is were NAD made me send the unit in for the repair.

Bronze Member
Username: Billybalou

Post Number: 18
Jason,
PM me and I'll send you the upgrade software (2.05a) and tech sheet for T763/T773. The software is compatible with windows 95,98,ME,NT4,2000 and XP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us