Help me decide

stevie d
Unregistered guest
I just got my sony 60xs955 now i'm trying to decide on a av reciever. I originally was thinking of getting the nad 753, now I'm leaning
towards th hk 635.any suggestions would help.also speaker suggestions for these recievers would help want to start with a 5.1 system budget around $1200

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 15
I am fine tuning a new HK 7300. It is AWESOME, power and flexibility. I have always used HK gear in a large pro-media room, the HK 635 IMO, is the no-brainer choice.

Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 6
Depends what you want it for, perhaps?

If mainly for video, then the HK probably the best choice. Video conversion, microphone setup, etc.

For audio quality, maybe the NAD has the advantage. You have to trust to your own ears in order to set it up, though. With NAD, every £ (or dollar in your case) goes into the sound. You don't get anything extra thrown in 'for free'.

Regards,
diablo

Bronze Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 83
if you read through this forum you will see many people have had problems with NAD HT recievers. with that im mind i would pick the HK, but you also have to take into account what speakers you will be driving as that will influence what brand you pick

Brian Healey
Unregistered guest
I'm new to this and looking to start my first system. I was looking at the Onkyo TS-SR601 receiver and JBL E60CH 3-Way 8" Floorstanding Speakers but i dont know which sub or CD player i should go with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to spend about $200 on a sub and i really dont know good price ranges on CD players.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us