NAD Remote

Marc
Unregistered guest
Out of curiosity, I was wondering how long the batteries lasted on people's remotes when they program it and use it for multiple devices. I have my TV, DVD player, Tivo, digital cable box all programs so I can use one remote. The batteries started to fade on die on me after about 6 weeks. Initially I thought it was the batteries I got via NAD with the receiver. I put in a new set a little later, and now the batteries faded and died on me a second time. Trying to figure out if its the remote, or just the one I got.

Bronze Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 22
Batteries that came with the remote died in less than a month. I'm on my second set of batteries (Energizers) in month 2. The NAD remote is programmed to control all my AV equipment. So far so good. Will post again if the remote drains the new batteries prematurely.

riche
Unregistered guest
I think I got a total of two weeks of use from the batteries that came with the remote. I use it for the receiver and tv. I put in new ones and turned off the backlight on the remote. We'll see how long these last.

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 331
It is the backlight that drains all the power. If you can do without it the batteries will last as long as with other remotes. But remember, too, you are using just one, all the time.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 52
I'm on 5 weeks now with mine that were supplied w/ the unit and I use it for ALL of my components. The backlighting can definitely affect life but I actually have mine bumped up a few seconds from the factory default and so far so good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us