Receiver for Klipsch rf-35 ht system

rwings01
Unregistered guest
Hi all, I currently upgraded my speakers to the klipsch rf-35 series. I own a yamaha rx-v800 receiver which doesn't sound to bad. I've read alot of posts stating yamaha's don't mix well with klipsch so I will sell my yammie. I'm looking at either the denon 3805 or the hk avr635. It's mostly 90% movies and 10% music. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. If anyone here has these speakers please tell me what receiver your using.

Thanks

airtripp
Unregistered guest
Hey rwings01,
I would tend to agree with the opinion that the klipsch and yamaha don't match. The problem is that they both emphasize the high frequencies and this can make the highs a little harsh at times. I own the HK 525 and love the sound. It has a lot of punch especially in the low end. I know the Denon sound extremely well too and can say with confidence that it would be the "easiest" to listen too fof the 3 brands. What I mean by that is that you will hear the most subtle details in the midrange and won't get the over-emphasis on the highs or lows. It will be easier to listen to over extended periods of time. I would really consider the pioneer elite vsx54tx at that price range. It has a similar sound to the denon although a little more punch like the yamaha when you need it. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse too much...Good Luck!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2611
I have tried the Klipsch RF-35 series with an Outlaw Audio 950/7100 equipment and it sounds superb. It didn't sound very harsh at all.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 66
I second the opinion of the pioneer elite with klipsch. The elite will tame the brightness of the klipsch just a little bit and make for a superb neutral sound.

rwings01
Unregistered guest
Hi all, thanks for all your help. I went out today and listened to the denon3805 and found my yamaha had more bite than the denon. It was a little brighter than the denon, but i like that in your face sound. Then i went to another store to demo the new hkavr635.Let me tell you that recever sounded amazing. Very detailed and not as bright as my yamaha. I think I will end up getting the hk, but I have a couple of questions about the kk. Is the 7x75w per channel enough power to drive the rf-35's? and I heard from another salesman that carries the denon and the hk say the hk wnt down in quality quite a bit over the last few years, is this true? The only 1 I still would like to demo is the elite.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
First of all the klipsch speakers are easy to drive, so most midfi receivers will have enough power. As for the HK, the 75 watts is more than enough power as they are very conservative with their power ratings. As for the elite, you should definately listen to it before you buy your receiver as they are great.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 109
rwings01, i have heard the same thing about HK. HK is the first reciever that I have bought so i cant really make comparison of build quality. I have heard and read that HK is starting to skimp out on their build quialty, but i am sure many people will tell you that they are still impressed with HKs products.like d lowe said, Klipsch speakers are very easy to drive, esp the RF-35s like i mentioned in the other thread. 75 wpc will be more than what you will need. but listen to your system first then finalize the decision.

rwings01
Unregistered guest
Hi, d lowe, thanks for all your input. i heard a demo on the elite vsx54tx and it also sounds amazing. My ? is since they both sound the same, which is the better choice? the elite is about 150 cdn cheaper than the hkavr635. i'm having a hard time choosing between the 2. the difference in the hk doesn't matter to me, i just want to make the right choice.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 136
wings:

I had the Klipsch RB-25's. I did not like the sound with a Denon 2803. I did like the sound with the H/K 430.

My son in law has the RF-35's and runs them with the Denon 3805. He likes the sound. So do I.

I would go with the H/K. (no bias - I have the Denon 3805) There are a lot of posts about H/K and Klipsch being a good match.

I haven't heard the Pioneer, but my son-in-law had one of the Elites and says the 3805 sounds much better to him.

Try JandR audio, onecall.com or even circuit city (at least CC has a 30 day return policy and a decent extended warranty) for best price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Unfortunately, in canada the HK's are really expensive, personally I would save the 150 and go with the elite, especially if you can't tell the difference and there is no inputs on the hk that you need that the elite doesn't have. Also, if build quality is an issue with HK (not from my mouth, just repeating what was already said), then there is no decision in my mind.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us