B&W 705s wanted

Silver Member
Username: Larry_r

Naples, FL

Post Number: 478
I am currently looking for a pair of B&W 705 speakers, preferably in light cherry finish. Anyone knowing of such, please answer this with a return posting. Many thanks.

Username: Timinlex

Post Number: 8
Larry, Looks like you made your decision. Good Luck.

Silver Member

Naples, FL

Post Number: 485
Tim: Yeah, once my wife and I had a long talk about it, she agreed that's what I should go for. If I can get used - wonderful. If not, I'll look around for the best "new" deal I can get.

I've listened to so many speakers - and keep going back to my "dream team" ones. Sigh. Now, let's see - a dollar 35, a dollar 36 - hey - I'm getting there! (grin)

jimvm
Unregistered guest
See if there's a B&W dealer not too far away who might have a demo pair for sale. Also, try http://www.audiogon.com. They have B&W 705's come up for sale every once in a while.

BTW, nice speakers!

Silver Member

Naples, FL

Post Number: 497
Well, I got the B&W 705s - and now am offering my Polk RTi6 speakers - cherry wood finish - just 9 months old - perfect condition - low use with classical music.

$230 includes shipping to any of the "lower 48" states. Money order or cashier's check.

They're "cherry" in every way. . .

jimvm
Unregistered guest
Congrats on your new 705's. Out of curiousity, where did you find them?

Silver Member

Naples, FL

Post Number: 513
Found them on an out-dated audiogon ad, which had been pulled several months ago. Did a "blind" e-mail query, and the chap said they were still for sale. Bought them!

jimvm
Unregistered guest
Excellent! Good for you! When I was speaker shopping, the 705's were my favorites but they were too expensive and the matching center channel wouldn't fit in my cabinetry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us