Help with Onkyo tx-sr502

Unregistered guest
I just bought Onkyo 502 and really like it. However, when i play dvd it doesn't sound right. The center speak sound muffled. my speaker is bose am-6 and all connected through the bass module except the center speaker. I connect the center speaker directly to the reciever and through the bass module and it still doesn't sound right. i tried all the setting and the center speaker still sound muffled with dvd movie. Any one have any idea how to set it up correctly with Bose AM-6? Im trying not to return it if i don't have to. Thank for any help.

Username: Bottledz28

Post Number: 1
Does the speaker sound fine while watching TV in 5 channel stereo?

edster922
Unregistered guest
I'd much sooner return the Bose and keep the Onkyo, if you're still within their return period.

If not, you'd be better off with just about ANY other center speaker, even a cheap one like this:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90124796&loc=111&sp=1

Normally it's best to keep the front 3 speakers from the same make for timbre matching but if you've got a Bose setup you can't really muck up the sound quality much worse than it already is. At least this way you'll have ONE decent speaker for movie/TV dialogue.

Bronze Member
Username: Steelydan

Post Number: 32
Try adjusting your center channel to +2 df using the setup. I had to do that with my reciever because I just was not picking up loud enough dialog
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us