Higher volume shuts off receiver

PLAN B
Unregistered guest
My receiver (Kenwood VR-8070) shuts off whenever action gets to intense. It basically goes into standby mode. I've checked all the cables for a short but can't seem to find anything. I'm leaning towards the center channel (JBL E35) being the problem, as I can remove the center channel out of the 7.1 and receiver doesn't shut off. Is it possible the center channel is drawing to much power? Before I pickup a power amplifier just wanted some possible suggestions or course of action.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2549
What other speakers are you using?
Make sure that they are all 8ohms, the Kenwood is not very tolerant of anything less than 8 ohms.

PLAN B
Unregistered guest
All my other speakers are 8 ohms. Surround sides/backs JBL E10, fronts are Pioneer (forget model #) but are 8 ohm. I picked up an audiosource monoblock amp to power my center channel speaker. Hopefully this does the trick. Should be here in a few days.

Last night I tried lowering the db level to the center channel and it seemed to help alot. I've been using (I, Robot) opening scene for testing. When the robot breaks the window is where the receiver shuts off. Plus I like the underwater surround sound :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us