Do you know what this is for

Bronze Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 72
Im wondering what the RS-232 input possibly an output is for. I found it on the H/K AVR635 and also found the A-BUS and would like to know what thats is used for to

thanks for the input

Bronze Member
Username: Rickypearson

Post Number: 69
Connecting to ur Computer

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 77
Ok if i connected it to my computer then what can i do with it?

EX: play mp3

jimvm
Unregistered guest
As I understand it, depending on the receiver, RS-232 ports allow connection to a computer so that downloads of new or correcting firmware may be loaded into the receiver. Also, some receiver's RS-232 ports allow connections to whole-house automation systems such as those by Crestron. I don't know about the computer gaming aspect, but it sounds reasonable.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 81
If my reciever needed an upgrade in the OS software were would I go to get and how will I connect it to my computer?

Thanks for the info

jimvm
Unregistered guest
From page your AVR 635 owner's manual:

"RS-232 Port: This jack may be used to control the AVR 635 over a bi-directional RS-232 serial control link to a compatible computer or programmable remote control system. Due to the complexity of programming RS-232 commands, we strongly recommend that connections to this port for control purposed be made by a trained and qualified technician. This jack may also link to a compatible computer to upgrade the software and operating system of the AVR 635 when upgrades are available."

It further says: "For more information on using the RS-232 port for remote control, visit the Harmon Kardon Web site at www.harmonkardon.com or contact our customer service department."

I'm not very conversant about this feature. I suspect that if you purchased your receiver new from an authorized dealer, you registered it with the company for warranty purposes. In that case, my guess is that HK would notify you if/when updates were available. For the most accurate answer, I suggest you contact Harmon Kardon.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 87
thanks for harmon Kardon info guys. Im going to buy it

thanks for your time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us