Need new $300 sub to go w/ new system..

Username: Gooch74

Post Number: 3
I have just purchased a Pioneer Elite 54TX with the Monitor Audio Bronze (3-L/C/R and BFX's) from Kiefs.
I now need to get a sub, so that when everything comes in it will be ready to go. I am looking for a $300(US)sub (shipping not included). I have a 11x22 room with hardwood floors.
I have been looking at the CHT10 or maybe a used HSU STF2 if I can find one.
Does anyone have any other options?
Thanks
Jeff

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2344
The Velodyne is good choice.

Anonymous

the sub from logitech excellent choy, the 195 alext lansing one even better choy.

Bronze Member
Username: Earski

Post Number: 12
Hi Jeffrey,

Please keep me posted on what you find and determine in your research. I have the same receiver with new Monitor Audio S6's (Front) and two S1's rear (mostly audio lisening, eventually s-sound). The mid to high end is wonderful--clean, crisp, bright, balanced. However, the low suffers when listening to things like Pink Floyd where I want to "feel" the music.

I also have 2-3 hundred I can budget for a new sub, and my room is similar to size and is also wood throughout. I think one nice sub will do the trick on the low end.

Can the sub cables be purchased in 30' lengths as I need to put it in the rear of the room behind some furniture (ran under the wooden floor via crawl space).

Please let me know your thoughts.

-David

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 57
I have the Hsu vtf2 mk2 which is the one up from the stf2 and it is great, i would definately recommend hsu they are a great value.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us