Creek A50i vs. Analogue audio Puccini

Franco
Unregistered guest
Looking for an Amplifier around the £400-£500 ($800-1000) mark to replace a nad c320bee - the nad sounds too dead, rock music sounds detailed but flat.

What do people think about these amps? Or others at this price point?

Franco
Unregistered guest
... Also forgot to mention, considering the Rega brio 2000 .. looks good and the simplicity appeals but at 38w it might be a bit lightweight?

nout
Unregistered guest
Have you considered NAD C372?
More dynamic and punchy amp than NAD C320BEE...more power too.

Audio Analogue Puccini has a very smooth and velvet-like sound (I like it a lot), but it's major flaw is a lack of drive and attack; it certainly will not be better for playing rockmusic than your NAD C320BEE.
I never heard the Creek.

Also consider Rotel and maybe NAIM (Rocklovers' holy grail)

Franco
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the input, i will audition some rotel when i can.. naim is slightly out of my price bracket though..

I did find the musical fidelity x80 at a local store today.. 600 down to 379! You have to book listening sessions though so i didnt get to hear it... saw the rega stuff though.. looks tacky in the flesh.

.. i'll check around for the c372.

nout
Unregistered guest
I have to correct my view about the Audio Analogue Puccini.
I once heard the old(er) type, but it's replaced by the Puccini SE and this amp seems to be really fast and dynamic. I never heard it though.
Sorry for the misleading info.

And Rega Brio 2000 is from what I've read pretty lively and detailed, but it's in a different class than Audio Analogue Puccini, NAD C 372 and Creek (cheaper too: £300)

There's only one way to find out which amp would be best: listen for yourself. (although I sense that you're gonna like NAD C372 a lot).

nout
Unregistered guest
I have to correct my view about the Audio Analogue Puccini.
I once heard the old(er) type, but it's replaced by the Puccini SE and this amp seems to be really fast and dynamic. I never heard it though.
Sorry for the misleading info.

And Rega Brio 2000 is from what I've read pretty lively and detailed, but it's in a different class than Audio Analogue Puccini, NAD C 372 and Creek (cheaper too: £300)

There's only one way to find out which amp would be best: listen for yourself. (although I sense that you're gonna like NAD C372 a lot).

Brad Nad
Unregistered guest
Hi Franco,

for your budget of £400 - £500 I would suggest listening to a Creek Audio A50 Integrated. This amp is very musical with plenty of detail and clarity. Bass is very well controlled too. I think it's a real bargain and gives Naim's entry level integrated (Nait 5) a real run for its money. It's rated at 50W into 8 Ohms. But do not let that fool you. It has more than 18Amps of current reserve. This equates to more than 320 Watts of dynamic power into a single Ohm. This is what really controlls speakers. Nad amps have always struggled at producing lots of clean power into small impedances. That is why they should be matched with efficient speakers with a nominal impedance that rarely dips below about 5 Ohms.

Anyway, happy listening and make sure to audition the equipment before you buy.

Brad.

Anonymous

it depent of what spekers franco. AP goes very well together with triangle speakers. I like it a lot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us