Any ideas to make some use of my low-rent blown-amp sub ???

M. Baker
Unregistered guest
This forum is obviously geared toward better equipment, but maybe worth a shot for me. I have a blown-amp KLH ASW 10-120 (like most of them, I'm gathering). Is there anything I can do myself to make this thing more than just an end table? Like can I make it a passive sub by removing the amp and re-wiring it? Or, could I replace the amp cheaply? Thanx and Peace - MB

M. Baker
Unregistered guest
I wish I hadn't been so harsh in that post. I should explain that I was assuming that the amp is blown, though I really never abused it and it only worked for a few months. This was 3 years ago and I just explained the deal to KLH and they are offering to replace my amp for the cost of shipping - even though they have only found abused units and no defect issues.

So, I say for low-rent folks like me, KLH represents a solid product with excellent customer service and I very much appreciate their existence in the audio systems marketplace.

Compare their stuff with your high-end stuff some time and see how they are closing the gap - because this is a good company.

MB

Username: Randyee

Post Number: 1
My Infinity BU-120 finally smoked as I understand most do. I have a new JBL E250P coming this week. Does anyone know what a good replacement amp would be for the blown Infinity? I too don't want to make a table out of it or toss it.
Thanks, Randy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us