Denon 3803 optical out

Username: Travellerva

Post Number: 1
Probably a dumb question but I'm trying to use the phono in and optical out of my Denon 3803 to a Sound Blaster card into my PC. Everything hooks up OK but I get no signal from the optical out. Neither the Denon manual nor the Sound Blaster manual are helpful. How do I set the Denon so that it sends output to the optical out jack?

Username: Wolfdog22us

Post Number: 1
Should be a setup option on your receiver. By default, they are usually set to Coaxial, look at your manual and learn about the Setup screen.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the thought. I had already checked the setup screens for output options but the only thing close is to specify Digital Input. There is a function called "RECOUT" but all this does is to select the source (e.g. phono, tuner etc.) and there's no provision for specifying the output. Does anyone have a 3803 and tried to do what I'm doing?

Damon
Unregistered guest
Stu, I have a H/K and there is 3 optical input and one of those I can actually switch the input to an output. I will look at the specs on the Denon online and let you know whether your receiver is capable of doing that.

Damon
Unregistered guest
Okay, I looked it up and yeah you do have the capability, but I don't know how to ensure you are giving any output. I know whenever you are receiving digital input the light is red and output is green. So at the connection point before you hook-up the optical cable ensure the light is green coming from the port.

Damon
Unregistered guest
Okay, I looked it up and yeah you do have the capability, but I don't know how to ensure you are giving any output. I know whenever you are receiving digital input the light is red and output is green. So at the connection point before you hook-up the optical cable ensure the light is green coming from the port.

Post Number: 3
Damon - thanks for looking it up. I should have known that you can't take an analog input from the phono and expect the Denon to convert it to digital for the output - either optical or coax. So that's out, but I should still be able to get an analog signal from the Tape Out jacks and take it to a sound card but for some reason it doesn't happen.

Username: Aloha714

Westminster, CA USA

Post Number: 5
What kind of amp around $700-$1000 that goes best w/ Denon AVR-2802 & NAD 1130 pre-amp plus instructions on how to connect from the Amp (either input/output to a Denon receiver. I prefer to listen to music only to the 2 front speakers and watching movies w/ all five speakers or whichever best recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Below are the speakers that I have.
Polk Audio RTi12 (Front)
Polk Audio CSi5 (Center)
Polk Audio FXi5 (Surround)
Polk Audio PSW505 (Sub).

Thinking of a McIntosh amp, but not sure. Again, thank you very much & welcome to all opinions & recommendations.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us