Help deciding: rotel 1056, Denon 3805, Marantz 7500????

Username: Guibara

Post Number: 3
Hi there... I'll be buying one of these receivers this weekend and I need some help!

These are the prices (with tax included) I can get:

Rotel 1056 - $1264

Denon 3805 $1100

Marantz 7500 $1025

I'll be listening to all three of them.. but in separate stores so that's not gonna help much: different rooms, speakers...

So mainly I'm concerned with the features. I don't need absolutely all the bells and whistles, but I do like them! ;)

Soundwise, build quality.... any comments???

My speakers will be Quads 22L on the front and either the 12L or the 11L on the back. My room is not too big, and I tend to like low volumes often... Finally, I'll be using it 50-50 music-movies.

Any advice will be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

schouse13
Unregistered guest
I have the Marantz SR7500 matched with Klipsch Reference series speakers. So far I love it. It sounds great with music and movies. The dealer let me have it for $940.00. Also, Tweeter has the Denon 3805 for $1019.00 through the end of January. I was considering that one as well. I am not sure about the Rotel.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 228
The Rotel 1056 has the cleanest sound of the bunch. However, the feature set is minimal. The Marantz would be my second choice, especially with your speakers. I would not match Denon with Klipsch in most cases.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us