How good is HK DVD 31 in term of DVD-A?

Bronze Member
Username: Fable

Post Number: 16
I just bought it and thinking of trying the DVD-A part but reluctant to shed out the cash for the cables. Is it worth it comparing to the Denon 2910 DVD-A?

I'm thinking of getting some cheap cables for the DVD-A to try out but like to have your opinion first. By the way, where/what cables should I get for the DVD-A. I prefer something less than $30.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 410
The difference for audio is extreme, definitely worth the purchase. I own the 2910, definitely a great player, haven't had a chance to audition the new HK31, but I'm sure it will deliver for the price. May not be at the same level as the 2910 though.

I bought some cheap cables with the player to keep the dent in the wallet down, will upgrade later. I bought WireWorld cables, all 6 for $50 - no complaints.

Bronze Member
Username: Fable

Post Number: 17
They said that you can use regular RCA cables so I'm thinking of using 3 red/white pair of audio cables. Not sure if it works. Anyone know if DVD-A will work with any cable with RCA heads?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 413
Yes it will, just try to keep the length of the cable to a minimum for optimal performance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us