Seeking help paradigm vs. Axiom

Username: Musichungry

New york

Post Number: 1
I am counting with the knowledge of the people in this forum.

which system is best, paradigm studio 60 or axiom M60ti.
I will very uch appreciate your help.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2387
The best system is the one YOU like.
Paradigm lovers would choose the Studios over the Axioms and vice versa.
I like them both and I would be very hard pressed to choose.
But let us start with what receiver you will be using with these speakers. As this would determine the better pairing. Again, this is very objective, although some people would not pair a Yamaha or Denon with Axioms and HK or Marantz with Paradigms, there are those who love it.
Have you listened to any of these?

New york

Post Number: 2
I lestened to the studio 60 and to teel you the trth i was not very impressed. i think the guy played too loud and i thought I sensed some distortion initially. But then i sensed the discrimination of the sounds. The background appeared closer, and i ended up liking it in a very rational way. I listened to paradigm monitor seven compared to definitive technology, I thought def. Tech was sweeter since it gives you more bass. but when the monitor 7 was played with a sub then i would choose this set up bette because the sound is cleaner.

Never had a chance to listen to the Axion but they appear to have more power.

I still would like to know which sound is better.

New york

Post Number: 2
I lestened to the studio 60 and to teel you the trth i was not very impressed. i think the guy played too loud and i thought I sensed some distortion initially. But then i sensed the discrimination of the sounds. The background appeared closer, and i ended up liking it in a very rational way. I listened to paradigm monitor seven compared to definitive technology, I thought def. Tech was sweeter since it gives you more bass. but when the monitor 7 was played with a sub then i would choose this set up bette because the sound is cleaner.

Never had a chance to listen to the Axion but they appear to have more power.

I still would like to know which sound is better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2417
Oh yeah, the Monitor 7s are really nice! I'd get those in a heartbeat. But one question still remains, what receiver will you be using?

Brian C.
Unregistered guest
In 1999 I decided to purchase new speakers. After listening to a number of speakers I had narrowed the field down to the Paradigm Monitor 9 and Axiom M80Ti. I purchased the Axioms in Dec. 1999. I think if anything speaks for the virtues of these speakers it is that after 5 years I am still thrilled everytime I listen to them. I do find with M80ti that placement makes a big difference on their performance. If your dealer will let you take these home for a day I would highly recommend spending some time listening to both the Paradigms and Axioms at home before making your decision. I have 2 5.1 systems set up and I primarily use the system with my Axioms for listening to DVD-Audio and SACD. I am using a 100 wpc Onkyo to drive my M80ti main speakers and have a Yamaha DSP-E492 driving the center and rear speakers. I have an Axiom VP-100 center and Axiom M2Ti for the rears. I also have a D-Box subwoofer but it really isn't necessary with the M80Ti mains, they are rated down to 28 Hz. and certain appear to produce room shaking base when required.
This is the first time I have posted anything, I hope my views are helpful. You certainly seem to be on the right track with either the Paradigms or Axioms.

New york

Post Number: 3
I dont know which receiver to use. I have conssidered denon 2805 or 3805. Marantz 7400 and perhaps yamaha 2500. But I have no clue which one is better.Or would be better.

I gues for what I read that i should consider monito seven and axion. Leave studio 60 out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2426
If you are considering the Axiom m80 (an absolute gem), take into consideration that these are 4ohm speakers. You have to bring that into the equation when purchasing a receiver. They should be able to handle a 4 ohm load.
I believe the Denon 3805 and the Yamaha 2500 can handle a 4 ohm load. I forget if Marantz can or not, you may want to check with your dealer.

have fun

Anonymous

The paradigm dealer is giving me a good finatial deal, no payment no interest for a year but i basically have to choose a paradigm product. I saw a couple of dali speakers in the store I dont know if that means they have access to all the lines. If they do I think i could afford the suite line. i have never listened to the dali speakers but for what I read they are very appealing. What do you think?
I saw a nad receiver on line for a good price, how good would that be.
Thanks for all your help. your input is really of great value. i no longer feel alone in this quest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us