Speaker Recommendation for Large Room

Username: Chipster

United States

Post Number: 1
I am finally going to be replacing my 1976 bookshelf Advent IIs with floorstanding speakers in a large, 22 foot square, room with a cathedral ceiling. Musical tastes are classical, violin, jazz, and piano. I intend to use the new Rotel RX 1052 as the receiver. I have looked at the Paradigm Studio 60 and 100, but have heard that B & W or Snell also might work to fill the room with good off-axis sound. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Cornelius

Post Number: 87
Ohm Walsh series. I'm still breaking in a pair, and they sound like what you're looking for, sound-wise. They excel with acoustic instruments (natural, open mids) and have the widest listening window available: ohmspeakers.com

I've been listening to some recordings from the Naim label - just two mics, live acoustic recordings, no overdubs. I compared the Ohms to some Paradigms and JMlabs floorstanders, and the Ohms just sounded a lot better to me. Not in a hi-fi way, but in a natural - this is music - way. I hope that makes sense.

Like your Avents, they're a classic!

edster922
Unregistered guest
www.ascendacoustics.com

Look at the CMT-340 mini-towers. They have a 30 day return policy so you can audition them in-home at no risk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us