HELP! Speaker Problem when turning them on?

Bronze Member
Username: Okkin

AZ

Post Number: 21
OK New pai of Def Tech 7002TL Powered towers. Pioneer 47TX Receiver. Great sound but when I turn on the speakers from time to time the right speaker gets this really loud static sound when powering on. The left has never done it? Is this normal or damaging my speaker in any way? I heard a pop might be normal, but not this loud screaching?

Bronze Member

AZ

Post Number: 22
bump

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Swap the speakers left to right and vice versa. If the problem stays in the same speaker you need to get it repaired.

Bronze Member

AZ

Post Number: 23
this is a actual problem then? It only does it once in a blue moon. Will it cause damage to my speaker then? I will try switching the wiring to see if it continues...

Bronze Member

AZ

Post Number: 23
this is a actual problem then? It only does it once in a blue moon. Will it cause damage to my speaker then? I will try switching the wiring to see if it continues...

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 268
Sounds to me like one of the power relays in the amp in the speaker is arcing before it finally engages. This is wrong and needs fixing.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

AZ

Post Number: 24
Frank, so I guess I have to ship them back to the manufacturer? Still under warranty or take them back to the store? Call definitve Direct or what do you recommend?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Did you swap the speakers side to side?

Username: Dangerous_toys

Post Number: 1
I agree w/ Frank... its either in switching in the pre-amp or the audio IC on the amp..... think Frank, has it right... from what your describing..... check your RCA's and your speak. wire's and jacks... also to help troubleshoot where the issue is

Username: Dangerous_toys

Post Number: 2
oh BTW ... it can only lie in a few area's ..... as frank said try switching left to right and maybe try some diff. speaks... to narrow down where the issue lie's but sounds like its switching in to soon same as Frank said ... so that be an AMP audio IC issue or a pre-amp issue
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us