Hmm, any more kef help?

Bronze Member
Username: Gover_1

Post Number: 30
hi, i posted on this forum nearly a year ago when i first got into hi-fi since then , with help from advice here i have brought a pair of kef 104/ab speakers, a kef refrence 95c centre speaker, kef coda 7 rears (need upgrading), quad 34/306 amps nad c542 cd player and nad ht amp ( which had to be sold due to lack of cash and am yet to replace :-) ooh and a rel storm subwoofer , (nearly all i got second hand and havnt even spent £1000 in total , however im off to uni, and have just purchased a piar of 103.3 speakers as they are smaller than my 104ab's, (going to uni next year, plan not to take ful ht , but decent stereo seperates and pos a pair of stax 3030 cans if i get round to the purchase) but still have pretty much all the kef reference quality (i hope they havnt arrived yet) , however these are rated as 50w - 200w for amp requirements, meaning my quad (rated at 50w) are at the lower end of this requirement, and am wondering what i would gain by getting a higher powered amp, and wether anyone could advise on anything suitable, as always am more than willing to bye second hand, even classic equipment, and budget being around £300 again. thanks for any help anyone is able to give, it is much apreciated, thanks mark

Bronze Member
Username: Gover_1

Post Number: 31
hi, just to add to that, i love the warmth of my quad amps, they are brilliant for 90% of what i listen to, but everynow and again i play something a little faster and heavyer than theyre used to and they just loose controll, and loose theyre magic, would like recomendations of amps that might not have this shortcoming, thanks mark

Unregistered guest
I have a pair of extremely good conditioned KEF 104 speakers. Does anybody know their saleable value? mturrall@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us