Receiver/DVD/VCR help!

Zachary
Unregistered guest
We just bought a brand new TV, receiver, and surround sound.

The only problem I'm having is that now with the VCR hooked up through the receiver/cable. I'm having the scrambled dvd video problem, I thought that would be eliminated with a new TV? I have the cable hooked through the VCR and back to the TV. Before the receiver we had an RF modulator...but I can't use that with the receiver/surround sound...

Zachary
Unregistered guest
By the way, we want to be able to tape stuff off the TV through the VCR while still using the DVD player with surround sound...

Bronze Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 28
Connect it all to your reciever than from there connct it to your t.v im mean every thing were its marked vcr put it there dvd the same thing and then for the t.v if your lucky it will have an out put connect that to the reciever to under tv once thats done email me

Zachary
Unregistered guest
Not sure exactly what you mean, everything is connected up to the TV, the only problem is the scrambled DVD video and I'm not sure how to fix it...

Bronze Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 33
make sure that the vcr is on channel 3or 4 if that doesn't work than press TV/VCR

Bronze Member
Username: Shantao

Post Number: 81
Zach;

just out of curiousity, are you hooking the dvd outs to the vcr in? That will definitely scramble the video.

Why not hook everyhting into the inputs on the receiver? Use the red/white audio - yellow video from the vcr to the vcr inputs on the receiver.

Hook the digital coax or digital optical cord from the dvd to the receiver and the s-vid / composite/ or yellow video to the receiver from the dvd.

Then run a video monitor out to the tv. The sound will come from the receiver, and it will pass through the video.

This should eliminate your problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us